Once the woman discover that she is pregnant, she starts searching for the Dos and Don’ts during pregnancy.
Our children is the must fabulous gift from God.. Once the first baby come to the life and we become parents everything in our life change to the best (although there are some difficulties like don’t sleep enough and don’t have much time to give ourselves enough care), but still motherhood is the must beautiful stage to me.
After my first baby came to the world in January 2017, my life has entered a new point,my baby has become a priority in my life. I started searching for the best tips to raise my baby the right way.
One of my goals and hopes towards him is making him a smart baby.
So I’ll share with you the steps to achieve this goal.
Although the intelligence of the child is hereditary thing, but genes are not alone responsible for it, it control about 40%-60% from the intelligence and the rest of the ratio come from his surrounding environment and the correct nutrition.
If you’re planning to have a baby, the first thing to do is to make sure you don’t have vitamins and minerals deficiencies. It’s better for you first and for the baby to grow in a perfect environment second.
Make sure to eat fish at least twice a week, it support your baby with omega 3 that’s responsible for growing baby’s mind. If you’re vegan replace the fish with avocado or nuts specially walnut.
Take folic acid bills and eat healthy.
Omega 3 and folic acid are also important for your fertility, so they help conception.
NOTE: starting eating healthy food before pregnancy is very important because the fetal brain start growing at week 2 or 3 of pregnancy and at that time you may be haven’t discovered pregnancy yet.
So, you are pregnant now, congratulations!!
Really happy for you. I’m sure your little one holds your thinking.
Ok, if you are hoping that your awaited baby be a smart, so don’t worry.
Just keep your right nutrition habits and skip your wrong nutrition habits.
Here are few useful tips for you.
Pray for your baby;
Ask your God to safe him and to bless him with a healthy mind and a healthy body.
Stop smoking as soon as possible:
The dangers of smoking on the physical and mental health of the baby have become known to all. You can read more about the smoking risks on the pregnant women and her fetus in this post:
Lesson to the music;
There are many studies that demonstrate the effect of the music on the intelligence of the fetus. one study by two early childhood researchers showed that children whose mothers had listened to the music constantly during pregnancy have made more progress in terms of audio, visual, language and they sleep better and are more aware of their environment than the children whose mothers haven’t listened to the music constantly during pregnancy.
Let your husband spoils you;
The husband’s attention to his pregnant wife is guarantee to have a smart baby. the mother’s happiness and the rest of nervous reflected their effects on the fetus. So, dear husband, please spoil your wife to have a smart baby.
Avoid using your mobile phone for long time;
Several studies have been conducted in Denmark, Canada and British to illustrate the severity of this device on the pregnant women. some of the findings of this studies are:
The pregnant women who use mobile phones frequently are more likely to have children with behavioral problems like hyperactivity, anxiety and poor memory.
Research experiments have shown that exposure to radiation from the phone during pregnancy affects the growth of the baby’s brain.
Care for proper nutrition;
- Omega 3: eat enough amounts of omega 3 rich food like fish specially salmon ( avoid deep-sea fish like Tona and shark because it contain mercury which is harmful to the fetus, also avoid row fish because of the risk of salmonella). other omega 3 rich food are: nuts, avocado, chia seeds, flax seeds, egg yolks. speak to your doctor about taking omega 3 bills.
- Protein: the main importance of protein to the fetal brain is that it’s made up of the amino acids required by every part of your baby’s development. In his brain protein supports proper brain growth,brain cell functioning and overall brain health. protein rich food are: chicken breast, turkey, shrimp, fish, egg, milk, yoghurt, hard cheese, lentils, beans, chickpeas, split peas, almond butter, peanut butter, cashews, sunflower seeds, quinoa, oats, brown rice.
- Iron: can stimulate cognitive activity. it’s found in beef, dark chocolate, pumpkin seeds, seafood, spinach, parsley, asparagus, leeks, swiss chard, cumin, turmeric, beet greens, chilli peppers, lentils.
- Magnesium: critical for proper energy production. it’s found in banana,nuts, pumpkin seeds, leafy greens, avocado, beans, spinach, figs, dark chocolate.
- Zinc: helps control neural impulses. it’s found in seafood, beef, chicken, lamb, pumpkin seeds, cocoa powder, nuts, mushrooms, cashews, chick peas, yoghurt, spinach.
- Folic acid: it helps in natural tube development in your body and prevent major birth defects in baby’s brain or spine, and improves brain’s health and memory. it’s found in turnip greens, beans, broccoli, lentils, asparagus.
- Vitamin B: can improve mood and increase stress tolerance. it’s found in lentils, sunflower seeds, black beans, green vegetables, turkey breast, chicken breast, milk.
- Vitamin C: it’s a regular for over a dozen of different neurochemicals. it’s found in bell pepper, kiwi, strawberries, oranges, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli and mango.
- Vitamin E: can help reduce stress on the brain. it’s found in nuts,sunflower seeds, avocado, leafy green, fish, spinach, sweet potatoes, palm oil, butternut squash and olive oil.
- Vitamin D: improves memory and brain cell function. it’s main source is the sun, it also found in mushrooms, oily fish, caviar, eggs, fortified milk.
If you have more information about this topic or if you have any question feel free to write a comment down.